Digital Natives Academy, is NZ’s first esports and game dev academy, and provides a state-of-the-art digital training centre which offers programmes focused on esports, coding, game development, and content creation for young people aged 8-25 years old.
Students will begin to gain an in depth understanding of the basic principles of animation, intro and setup, designing original characters, creating simple animations and understanding the importance of life drawing. In addition, students will understand Squash and Stretch, and apply it to an animation through a comprehensive analysis of the scene/idea. Students should recognize the cause and effect of this precept.
- Students understand principles of squash and stretch and are able to apply these concepts to people/objects to show weight/gravity.
- Students have experience in life drawing, drawing from life/observation drawing.
- Students understand concepts related to anticipation/jump animation. Students can animate a jump cycle to show they understand this animation principle. Anticipation is moving the opposite way before moving a certain way.
- Students understand character design, moodboards, references, and iterations. Students can create original characters of their own and are able to go through a process of elimination with their ideas.
- Students can animate facial features. Students created a face and animated eyes blinking and mouth moving.
- SWARM, students animated a swarm. This taught them an animation type called straight ahead animation.
- Students created storybooks: Currently U16 students are making storybooks. Two themes. 1. About you/Pepeha 2. Life in Isolation (What do you do for fun).
- Internet Access
- Drawing Tablet
- Visual Diary
- Black Pens
- Pencils HB,2B,4B