Digital Natives Academy, is NZ’s first esports and game dev academy, and provides a state-of-the-art digital training centre which offers programmes focused on esports, coding, game development, and content creation for young people aged 8-25 years old.
This course is for young people interested in esports and the opportunities it brings. Understanding the impact of behaviour and mindset is critical to creating a resilient and performance focused player. Students will be introduced to the professional world of esports. learn how to set up tournaments and understand the impact that behaviour has on team play.
- To be able to recognise and provide examples of when good communication and cooperation with teammates can benefit team performance and player relationships
- To be able to recognise and provide examples of how respect and empathy can improve the gaming experience for themselves, teammates and other players
- For participants to be able to assess their own abilities, identify areas of improvement and structure ongoing practice/learning, and to be able to recognise emotional triggers and provide examples of how to mitigate or avoid unnecessary conflict
- To be able to recognise when pressure and frustration are affecting gameplay and to provide examples of how this can be managed
- To recognise the impact of positive behaviours and to identify positive strategies that can empower players to overcome difficult and challenging situations.
- Provide examples of online behaviour and then explain the impact such behaviour can have on themselves and others
- Develop and articulate some concrete personal strategies for dealing with online situations, including the stress of competition
- To use the skills learned throughout these lessons, to organise an event, stream it and play in it.
- Internet Access
- Your Brain